Wise Registry Cleaner finding errors again and again

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by berryracer, Aug 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

I am using Windows 7 64 Bit and I have run Wise Registry Cleaner "As Administrator"

After I did my first scan and found like 400 bad entries , I did another scan which found another 24 issues, so I clean again.....then scan again....the same issues reappear...

THen I restarted my Notebook and did a 3rd scan but then the same issues appear and am starting to think that Wise Registry Cleaner is a rather buggy Registry Cleaning app. Never had I run across a registry cleaner that does this and I test a lot of software all the time

Attached is a screenshot of my search results..

I know for a fact that the ESET registry key is due to me changing the installation path from the Default" C:\Program Files\Eset\Eset Smart Security to C:\Program Files\Eset Smart Security

PS: Why is it a bad idea to change the installation paths of your applications? I have noticed this a few times that if you change the installation path of a program, it will work but you get a registry error when scanning with registry cleaners

Attached Files:

2. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

dangerous programs in my opinion and should be used if at all with cautuion.there is no noticeable benefits and the risks are mighty.
    Ditch the registry cleaner and just use ccleaner.
    Regards.

3. DBone

DBone Registered Member

Very sketchy reg cleaner, as you're finding out......If it aint' broke, don't fix it.

4. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

Yes, even if you run a registry cleaner and it tells you that there's no registry errors left, you run another it will tell you that there´s a bunch of them... and so on.

Personally i only use the registry cleaner built in Ccleaner (known for being more conservative than the most) , and so far i had no problems.

5. berryracer

alright guys im gonna uninstall this POS app then

6. berryracer

Why is it a bad idea to change the installation paths of your applications? I have noticed this a few times that if you change the installation path of a program, it will work but you get a registry error when scanning with registry cleaners

7. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

from my understanding a registry cleaner is not needed with windows7 as the registry is partially virtualized.
    I still dont like these sort of programs and i would urge people not to use them as there is no visible benefits from doing so except trashing your computer of course,
    Regards.

8. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Ah that! I had that problem. It's an old bug. I had reported it to the Support. They said it would fixed. But nothing upon next release. Not even after several releases. I had given up and am not using it anymore.

9. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Most registry cleaners are junk even a scam. I use CCleaner and it has always been reliable and updated pretty frequently.

10. niki

niki Registered Member

+1 :thumb:

Quite a while back (on XP) I tried Wise Registry Cleaner. Good thing I made a backup of the registry before using it. And those supposedly were safe to delete!!

Never again will I use any Registry cleaners with the exception of CCleaner. Even then I always analyze first, then save the keys prior to deletion.

11. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

Some registry keys are protected, and accordingly can't be deleted. That may be the case here. Some registry cleaners will ignore such keys.

Also in some cases, deleted registry keys will be recreated by Windows when you restart.

I suggest you don't use Wise Registry Cleaner as it gives some false positives.

With regard to the application path errors, prehaps the installer for these apps is not smart enough to change the application path written to the registry, when you change the installation directory.

12. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i dont like this program have always had issues with it and so have my clients that insist on running it. better off to use ccleaner or the auslogics one is okay also and pretty safe. personally i use jv16 and ccleaner and i have personally never had a issue with jv16 at all that includes deleting things to where it broke stuff etc. with wise always make a backup because to many times i have seen it kill a key that it shouldnt have this is just my personal experience and may not reflect everyone's

13. berryracer

but CCleaner never had a problem deleting those s0-called protected keys

14. SirDrexl

SirDrexl Registered Member

Who said it was a bad idea? I guess it's just pointing it out because it isn't "typical" behavior. I would have changed the default just as you did.

15. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

Not sure why it's not deleting them then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.