Wireless Router

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by mickeyNole, Feb 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mickeyNole

mickeyNole Guest

I have a linksys b router - i use my palm tungsten in my yard and am wondering if neighbors or others can get on my network. IS there a way to setup a password or any suggestions?

2. mick9874

mick9874 Guest

where was it moved to? thanks

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

You need to set a wep code and you can set a password in the router. see screen shot

Attached Files:

4. Radgie

Radgie Registered Member

Your router I would think supports WEP encryption, Normally a wireless roiuter will support 64 and 128 bit WEP encryption. Have a look in the router settings and instructions for the set up procedures. That should take care of the issue.

5. mickeyNole

mickeyNole Guest

I have a password setup for my computer; but no password is requested when i sign on with my palm tungsten??

6. DanL

DanL Registered Member

Yes they can, very easy to do.

I have several neighbors who still won't be bothered with adding a password and
    encryption even though I showed them how easy I could go online through their network. :eek:

Once you enable encryption and set a password you will be asked for a password when
    you sign on with your palm.

Also change the name of your network. Factory default is password: admin
    Network name: Linksys.

Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.