Wireless keyboard and mouse

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Ptah, Sep 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ptah

Ptah Registered Member

Does Acronis True Image 9 have support for Logitech MX Revolution and MX 6000 keyboard. I read in one posting that the did not support for wireless. I this true?

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Hard to say, I know on my setup the rescue CD has a problem with the DiNovo wireless keyboard and mouse - in XP of course it has no problem, nor if I use the BartPE.

At one time Acronis did support my setup, but in fixing it for other problems seem to have introduced a new one. However, it is also possible it is my complete setup that is causing the problem. I can only suggest that you try it with the rescue CD.

If you find your mouse will only operate vertically on the screen, but you keyboard still works, then you can choose the SAFE option which will let the mouse work, but then might not recognise any USB/Firewire devices.

Or you could try pressing F11 and after the quiet text pops up type in acpi=off nousb.

If USB/Firewire is supported natively by your motherboard, your mouse and keyboard should work as well as your external drive.

Colin

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Ptah,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please be aware that we do not expect any problems with wireless mouse and keyboard. If you have some problems with using your mouse and keyboard with Acronis Bootable Media, please disable “USB Legacy Support” in the BIOS settings.

As Bodgy mentioned, you can also use BartPE based CD (as a workaround) allowing one to boot the computer into a Windows-like environment adding the appropriate drivers for any hardware devices installed in the computer at startup.

If above does not help, please submit a request for technical support. Provide the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Ivan Sarychev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.