Wireless KB/Mouse issue

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sensia, Sep 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sensia

sensia Registered Member

I have already read the sticky about the F11 trick, but it is not working for me when I booting from TI9 latest build recovery CD. I am hitting teh F11 key rigth after the system starts booting into linux, but there is no response from the system untill it gets stuck at teh GUI and at that point my mouse/KB are completely stuck as rock.
    I am using a Microsoft Keyboard and Logitech mouse, both are wirelessly connected and they work flawlessly in day to day work.
    I am really wondering if TI really cares for customers with such problems? I have seen quite a few posts with this problem.
    And if you guys do care to resolve this problem, how difficult it is to tweak the kernel in an updated verion of TI9? It's been two months now and I guess we should have soem recourse on our way.
    In any case, I need some help to fix this problem.
    Another question, does the full version of TI recovery system allows copying data to a USB diskdrive? I saw this feature is not available in the safe mode.

2. Texcritter

Texcritter Registered Member

Your problem maybe the same as I had in this thread

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=79412&highlight=true image cordless keyboard

3. sensia

sensia Registered Member

Thansk Tex for your reply. n my case, accessing the BIOS before bootup is not an issue. I do that all the time. Unliek your KB/Mouse, mine is plugged into a PS/2 port as well as an USB port in MOBO. MOBO in question is MSI K8N Neo4 (Nvidia Nforce4 Ultra chipset). The KB/Mouse in question work flawlessly under any linux environment (SuSE/Ubuntu).
    If you guys can shade a little light on any other possible trouble spot, I will be more than happy to check out.
    Thanks.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello sensia,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

First of all, please make sure that the Bootable CD is created with the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

If the issue persists, please try the following workaround:

- Boot the computer from the Bootable Rescue CD created with the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home once more and press F11 key when the selection screen advising you to select either "Full", "Safe" or "Windows" option appears;

- After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please add "usbmouse=off" parameter (without quotes) to the end of the Linux kernel command line (so it will be "quiet usbmouse=off");

- Click OK button and choose "Full Version".

If the issue still persists, please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Provide the exect vendor and model of the keyboard and mouse you use. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.