Wireless ADSL question

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by sagittarius, Apr 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sagittarius

sagittarius Registered Member

Can somebody please help me a "tactful" response to this question from one of my Nod customers, who has just connected her 2 laptops running Nod to wireless ADSL? :eek: :rolleyes: :blink: :doubt:
    "I have been talking to my brother. he says that NOD32 doesn't protect us because we are wireless from someone else nearby with wireless. Is this true? He says we need PCcillin."
    thanks in advance :)

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

2 completely separate issues. Firstly, Nod32 will protect each system, period. Secondly, securing each PC against another using your wireless connection is a whole different kettle of fish, nothing whatsoever to do with your antivirus solution. This you will need to tackle and tackle well. I would recommend a walk through TomsHardware.

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

3. sagittarius

sagittarius Registered Member

The lady in question knows absolutely nothing and as with most people in this situation, will be given & probably accept, advice from all & sundry.
    I was wondering if her brother might be referring to the fact that pccillin has a firewall?
    I just wanted reassurance that Nod was perfectly adequate inasmuch as it is an antivirus program, nothing more or less.
    I'll point them in the direction of the articles you refer to.
    thanks once again for your advice, Blackspear :)

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

It is indeed perfectly adequate, in fact I would say perfect, but I’m biased… ;) :D

This she will need to get right, especially if she lives in the city, or she will be providing a free internet connection to the neighbourhood, and opening her PC for public viewing ;) :D

My pleasure Sag.

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.