WINXP Pro SP3 Adaptive Restore

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by itman, Jul 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. itman

itman Registered Member

I have a licensed copy of Drive Backup Pro 9.0. I have downloaded and created a Paragon WINPE boot CD.

Questions:

1. Is the adaptive restore feature part of the WINPE boot CD or is a separate download required for adaptive restore?

2. I want to restore WINXP Pro SP3 running on a MSI 939 motherboard to a new MSI AM3 motherboard and AMD AM3 processor.

I currently have two HDDs installed both Seagate SATA II drives running in IDE mode. The OS and application programs are installed on my C: drive. The second D: drive contains two partitions; one for the pagefile and the second for Paragon image backups.

I am using the nVidia nForce SATA drivers for the hard drives and the AMD 939 power management driver for the processor.

Do I have to uninstall all the above non-MS drivers before running adaptive restore? I have done this in the past when changing motherboards.

3. What else needs to be done to ensure the adaptive restore works?

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi,

I believe adaptive restore is a separate winpe download with the 9 series.

You can load any additional drivers you need while running adaptive restore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.