winxp leak?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by xTiNcTion, Mar 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xTiNcTion

xTiNcTion Registered Member

Hello,

i bought this new PC -a white box :) -. winxp is installed. tried to install SP1 then micro$oft said my ID or serial is invalid.

did a google search and found that this windows key is a kind of "enterprise leak key" xxxxx-640-xxxx356-23xxx

this winxp is un-secure. i mean more unsecure than a winxp with valid key.

is there a big difference installing SP1 or just downloading security patches o_O

what do i have to do? buy a winxp? or can i continue using this and install all my other soft ... kerio, adaware,.... you know...

thank you!

2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Thus you are running a pirated copy.

Without the necessary updates/patches it sure is.

Indeed you'll have to buy XP - using a pirated license is a violation from MSofts EULA and illegal as well.

That's a different question. But yes: you could opt for using the pirated copy/license and use all the software you feel like. We do recommend against it, though.

regards.

paul

3. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Let me add to Paul's comments, if you weren't already aware, that there's a lot of security patches for XP. I bought my new(est) system last September, and the dealer made sure it was up to date as of that point. There had been something like 25 criticical upgrades alone by then, plus another dozen or so since then that I've done myself.

And that's not even counting the "recommended" updates/upgrades.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.