WinXp Desktop Icons Disappear every few days!!!

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by HeartGobbler, Jun 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeartGobbler

HeartGobbler Registered Member

I have never ever had any problem like this in my long and historied computer life.
    Every few days it seems most of my desktop icons just disappear, the only way i can get them back is to physically go to start, then Programs, and right click every program listed in there and click Send to Desktop.!!!

Oh god, i'm going crazy, I use every spyware utitl for protection have Pc-Cillin , and use Tune-up utilities, Ashampoo Winoptimizer, and Pc Rescue to name a few programs I use weekly to clean out the registry of uninstalled crap that leaves it's dirty little footprint in there (the registry that is).

What in the hell can cause this, and how can i fix it?
    Desktop.ini is corrupt or what? Just formatted my Hard drive 2 weeks ago from going to illicit er...warez sites and got blasted with a virus...hence the format.
    So everythings new and clean on my pc.....How can I fix this diabolix bill gates window problemo_O?

Thanks for any and all reply's..
    Sincerely ,
    Gobbler....
    :mad:

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

You might try right clicking an empty spot on your desktop and click properties then desktop then customize desktop and then click web then click the box that says lock desktop items see screen shot. It might just work,at least it is worth a try

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.