WinTasks 5 Pro Version 5.04

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by FanJ, Aug 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Originally I wanted to post an update notice in the Update forum-section, but I decided to post it here.
    The reasons:
    1. I myself have some issues;
    2. I'm not sure at which date version 5.04 was released.

First some general info:

The site:
    http://www.liutilities.com/
    The Download page from where to get updates:
    http://www.liutilities.com/support/downloads/

A little history:
    LIUtilities is now Uniblue.
    WinTasks Pro (earlier version) was very well reviewed at the Wilders.org site:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/wintaskspro.html

Uniblue makes several programs (I only have WinTasks Pro):
    WinTasks, WinBackup, SpeedUpMyPC (the first two in several versions).

It seems that recently a new version of WinBackup was released, and I did read in the news about that one that there was a version 5.04 of WinTasks Pro.

So far the general info.

2. FanJ

FanJ Guest

As I wrote, I really don't know at which date Version 5.04 of WinTasks Pro was released, nor what the changelog is.

Now about my own issues.
    First I need to tell that I know that my own issues could very well be caused by my far too old and very crappy W98SE machine and/or my own faults !

What does Uniblue say about updating; quotes:
    "To get the most out of our software, please make sure that you are using the latest version. To install the latest updates, download the installation program and install to the folder where you originally installed the product. We recommend that you close the program before installing the update."

Well, I tried to do that.
    But I got the message that there was already a version of WinTasks Pro installed.
    So I decided to uninstall the existing version, reboot, etc.
    And then I installed the new version.
    See screenshot about version number:

Attached Files:

3. FanJ

FanJ Guest

OK, I have the right version.

But now I want to check whether there is a new Process Library, or any other new thing.

So I open the program and click on Check for Updates.
    The surprise comes in the following screenshot:

Attached Files:

4. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Eh, I have version 5.04 installed, and I get the message that there is an update 5.03 available.

o_O

I don't know what happened.
    Maybe a registry issue on my system ....
    Maybe something on the part of Uniblue ....

May I ask to those of you who also have WinTasks, what your experiences are?
    Thanks in advance !!!
    I'll also try to contact Uniblue.

5. FanJ

FanJ Guest

I got a message from Uniblue (thanks Marika !).
    They will look at it.
    But I have to admit that I'm more and more thinking that it was something on my system and/or my own fault.

BTW, here is the confirmation from Uniblue that indeed these are the latest versions:
    "The latest WinTasks Pro version is 5.04 and the latest Process Library version is 5.027.01."

6. disabled

disabled Registered Member

Nothing wrong with your system...I have the same problem and have sent them a message, I was also frustrated because I downloaded the latest version then it told me that the latest one was the version I just deleted so for me it was deleting loading and so on and on

7. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Disabled,

Thanks for your reply; much appreciated !

On a personal note:
    I have uninstalled WinTasks Pro (partly due to this problem, partly due to other problems).
    It is, as far as I am concerned, up to Uniblue to give me a personal message about the situation and the solution; if not, then WinTasks is history for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.