Winsonar beta 5.50.01

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Arup, Jun 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arup

Arup Guest

There is an announcement at the web site and if you mail the author, he will mail you the newer beta to be tested, looks interesting now that it also includes a TCP/IP scanner as well.

Here is list of updates:

New features in Winsonar XPlus- build 5.50.01 - beta version:

* Enhanced Off-Line Shield.
    * TCP/IP scanning feature added. It uses the Windows built-in Netstat command
    to scan TCP/IP services that run in the background. If the feature is activated,
    Winsonar will run a periodic TCP/IP scan ( approx. every 60 min ) and an alert
    will be shown if some new service is found. The feature can be enabled by default
    on program startup.
    * The systray icon has been enhanced: it flashes if a program is blocked during Web
    connection, it becomes brilliant red if the Off-Line Shield is activated.
    * Minor bugs have been fixed.

2. redford72

redford72 Guest

I could be wrong, but isn't 60 mins between each scan a bit too late. It seems like it's far too infrequent to make that much of a difference.

3. Arup

Arup Guest

I agree, have sent him the feedback so I am sure he will change it in the final release, if some of us here test this one out thoroughly, it would turn out to be a nice and free app.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.