Winsocks Issue

Discussion in 'NOD32 Early v2 Beta' started by trugstomp, Jun 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trugstomp

trugstomp Registered Member

I did a search of these forums (and the website), but couldn't find anything on it, but I just thought I'd let those that support NOD32 on a retail level about a winsocks issue that may arise with customers.

When the V2 beta 5 is installed on Windows 95 the installer lets you know that if you don't have the Winsocks 2 update you should install it. However, since you can continue the installation some customers may miss this point.

Then, when the customer goes to update they may receive the error "Failure to open socket" if they don't have the winsock 2 patch. If you receive a call on this you can direct the customer to the following Microsoft page
    where the update is available, and which should rectify their problem.

I am sure that ESET is aware of this "problem", however I have not seen the solution articulated anywhere, and even though V2 is still only in beta, I'm sure the issue will carry over to the final version.

2. jan

jan Former Eset Moderator

Hi trugstomp,

thanks for the reminder - it may be useful for the people here at the forum.

We know about this situation - the Winsock 2 is really needed for running IMON and it needs to be installed on the Win 95 from the page you mentioned.

All the best, :)

jan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.