WinPrivacy by Ruiware LLC

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by KaptainBug, Nov 24, 2014.

1. DX2

DX2 Guest

WinPrivacy beta is available, check your emails. It gives instructions.

2. SIR****TMG

SIR****TMG Registered Member

My question is...What is canvas fingerprinting and what did it do to harm me. Since you can block it out. THANKS...

3. FOXP2

FOXP2 Guest

The "double" install went OK on the Windows 10 Tech Preview b9879x64 test rig & I validated my license.

Bitdefender Win 8 Security, Zemana Antilogger, svchost and system (and WinPrivacy) showed up allowed. But I think that was before I enabled Auto-block. So, IE evoked a block alert which was easily allowed.

All elements of the UI are wonderful, especially the alert popup. Love the logo font. And the nice doggie!

More as things progress. Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2014
  4. FOXP2

FOXP2 Guest

WinPrivacy1.jpg
    All settings disabled unless app is validated.
    WinPrivacy2.jpg
    This is the Internet Programs tab and some of the ancillary data available...
    WinPrivacy3.jpg

5. ArchiveX

ArchiveX Registered Member

6. lucien_phoenix

lucien_phoenix Registered Member

Email from today...

i believe in Bills Words and
    of the other Hand "just wait and see.."

WinPatrol PLUS continues Lifetime Support

I've been successful keeping WinPatrol away from companies wanting to install toolbars and have rejected offers from devious installers wanting to take control of your computer. As an independent software developer it has often been a challenge to manage the development, marketing, public relations and still provide support to all customers. WinPatrol was the first program of its kind and needed a young healthy team so it would continue to grow.

WinPatrol will become one of the featured products of Ruiware LLC along with their new WinPrivacy app. WinPatrol PLUS members will continue to receive free updates and full support from support@WinPatrol.com.

7. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

I am unable to really test this, but I am wondering if Adguard Premium would interfere with WinPrivacy, due to its blocking like features.

8. bberkey1

bberkey1 Registered Member

Just install, what a huge usage of memory for a monitoring program, anyone else noticing this?

Attached Files:

9. faircot

faircot Registered Member

Yup. I've raised this in their landzdown forum. Not only is the memory high (over 200k) but there seems to be a memory leak on my system too. Brett, the developer, is on the case and is looking to address the memory issue quickly.

10. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

Uninstalled. Beta I know, but unstable to run. Memory leak, exploding memory up to 245Mb of use!

Also noticed page and graphic rendering issues.

11. Bret Lowry

Bret Lowry Registered Member

Hi Lucien_Phoenix,

Bill and I remain in very close communication. This is why he can make such a statement in his newsletter, because he knows it is the truth.

We will soon be starting a beta for the next release of WinPatrol. Contrary to some things I've read, WinPatrol is far from dead. We have some exciting new features planned for release this year as well as many enhancements for existing features. Our release schedule may not be as frequent as Bill's was, but we will continue to produce the quality you've all come know and expect in WinPatrol.

Thanks,
    Bret.

12. Bret Lowry

Yes, the excessive memory use is quite distressing, but I did call that out in the Known Issues.
    Please remember, this is only a beta-1. We'll get this fixed prior to full release.

We will "fix" the UI memory issues even if we must scrap the current UI and rewrite in a different language.

Thanks,
    Bret.

13. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canvas_fingerprinting
    I bought a Lifetime for both out of respect for Bill and Bret....but, don't know as I'll use them. Neither will run through SBoxie.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
  14. fblais

fblais Registered Member

Keep the UI simple, please. :)
    Happy Holidays!

15. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

Hi,

Just some feedback.

I have hit the installer failed error, I have manged to install it the second attempt.

Browsing became extremely slow after installing WinPrivacy (it's back to life after uninstalling WinPrivacy).

Encountered this error while navigating from one tab to another (note that the navigation was also slow).

May be it is good to add "Clear Data' option under "Fingerprinting" and "Non-Fingerprinting"?

I will try again when the next beta releases.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
  16. guest

guest Guest

Could you give us some info about the new features to come to win patrol?

17. clubhouse1

clubhouse1 Registered Member

Slowed up browsing for me ( Win 7 x86)....Still its in its infancy and I'm pretty sure it will be a superb program as it matures.

18. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

It was hideous for me.. Slowed browsing, crashed sometimes. Pages were impacted in the graphic department.

Not sure I have much confidence in it, despite being in beta.

19. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

Does WP support Firefox and Chrome. I paid $15 for WPP + WP ~ Bret promises by this time next year. Ruiware apps will be useful.

20. ance

ance formerly: fmon

Nice tool but is there any reason to buy it? Don't get me wrong, I like WinPatrol but you can get all WinPrivacy features for free with other tools (Windows Firewall Control, Ghostery, Disconnect). o_O

21. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

I know. I got sucked in by smooth talking Bret. ;) Years ago I thought WPP was state of the art. Now, it's dated and more for the un-knowning.
    Some, still swear by it and feel to support developer. I usually support apps I run.

22. siketa

siketa Registered Member

Update: The wait is finally over(Jan 26) Beta-3 (Release Candidate) is now available. Build 2015.1.489
    • Complete rewrite of WinPrivacy Explorer and Tray Application that fixes sluggishness of UI, excessive memory usage and memory leaks.
    • Improvements in installer
    • Driver improvements for speed and stability
    • Service side improvements to improve speed and stability
    • Ability to "skin" WinPrivacy Explorer
    • UI "remembers" placement and size so that it re-opens in the same state as closing
    • International date bugs in charts are fixed
    • Version is prominently displayed in UI
    • Ability to proactively populate Internet Programs and Blocked Programs screens
    • Functioning Flash Cookies feature
    • Improved Tray Application that gives ability to navigate to tab of your choice
    • Allow and Block buttons on new program alerts

23. FOXP2

FOXP2 Guest

Downloaded & testing PLUS. Thanks!

UPDATE
    Build 2015.1.493. http://www.winprivacy.com/
    · Alert is raise as a “Top Most” window.
    · Allow button is now honored.
    · Non-registered users now receive a notice of new programs with the only option being “OK”
    · If block new programs is off, then programs allow by default. Prompt contains Allow and Block button.
    · If block new programs is on, then programs block by default. Prompt contains Allow and Block buttons.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2015
  24. Bret Lowry

WinPrivacy 2015.1.493 is available for download.
    This is a release candidate and contains many, many fixes over the beta 2.x releases.

• Memory leaks are fixed.
    • WinPrivacy Explorer is much more responsive
    • UI has been completely rewrite, taking into account much of the feedback we'd received
    • Tray application runs at start-up, NOT WinPrivacy Explorer
    • Alerts contain Allow/Block buttons for registered customers
    • Ability to "skin" the UI
    • UI support Accessibility
    • UI remembers placement and sizing
    • Grids support sorting and filtering
    • Grids remember column placement and sizing
    And the list goes on...

Please check it out at http://www.winprivacy.com

Thanks,
    Bret.

25. NSG001

NSG001 Registered Member

Wishlist

Add a WHOIS lookup within internet connection history.

Liking it so far but may well stick with Glasswire for monitoring :thumb:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.