WinPrivacy by Ruiware LLC

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by KaptainBug, Nov 24, 2014.

1. KaptainBug

KaptainBug Registered Member

Features:
    • WinPrivacy rips off the veil of secrecy programs have been hiding behind by exposing every single program on your computer that is using the Internet.
    • WinPrivacy tells you from where each program is sending and receiving data, and how much.
    • WinPrivacy gives you the power to block Internet access for any program(s).
    • WinPrivacy lets you block any unknown programs from using the Internet without your permission.
    • WinPrivacy is highly configurable.
    • WinPrivacy removes 3rd party Flash Cookies
    • WinPrivacy blocks Canvas Fingerprinting
    • WinPrivacy tells you which sites DO NOT use Canvas Fingerprinting

-www.winprivacy.com

2. siketa

siketa Registered Member

Looks interesting....can't wait to test it.....

3. Frank the Perv

Frank the Perv Banned

Uugghh.

To me, this appears to be something that Bill would have included in WinPatrol as one of the tabs -- another function of the WinPatrol product.

This could be the first sign that WinPatrol will not really evolve anymore.. It could become more and more useless.

Pretty sure that Bill selling WinPatrol was not a good thing for us WinPatrol lifetime license holders.

4. clubhouse1

clubhouse1 Registered Member

Nice, just took advantage of the lifetime offer for Winpatrol subscribers,. $7.99 for a lifetime...peanuts.

5. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

I couldn't see a trial link, maybe they don't have one ?

6. siketa

siketa Registered Member

Beta version will be available to limited number of volunteers only.
    Bought it too.... :)

7. Huwge

Huwge Registered Member

So, you can buy it but you may not be able to use it unless your quick?

Paying for a beta, not good in my opinion, especially if you cant even test it

8. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

Agreed. Too risky. I gave up preordering, or buying into betas. Regardless of the price, because in the majority of cases I end up not even using the product, or enjoying the game. (in the case of games) More often than not it turns out to be a waste of money.

9. siketa

siketa Registered Member

I know it's not usual but I'll take my chances. ;)

10. FOXP2

FOXP2 Guest

Well, a lifetime 3-PC license for $7.99 for what could be a nice security utility is worthy of a shot. Bret's promising full refunds for the dissatisfied, so I'm thinking it's not much of a chance.

Noone need to feel left out, tho...
    Then we can read all the usual posts about how this, that and the other thing should be in the free version, too. :'(

As for WinPatrol Plus, I still run it on my two w7x64 boxes. We users will have to take a wait-and-see on its future. Hope is a wonderful thing.

Cheers.

11. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Interesting tool, I presume there isn't a free version?

12. fblais

fblais Registered Member

Just bought my lifetime family pack license!

13. FOXP2

FOXP2 Guest

See post #10, just above your post #11.

14. SIR****TMG

SIR****TMG Registered Member

Bought my lifetime family pack license.................

15. siketa

siketa Registered Member

If Bill trusts Bret then I trust him too.

16. ArchiveX

ArchiveX Registered Member

;)

I am also eager to try WinPrivacy...:thumb:

17. emmjay

emmjay Registered Member

I use Networx (freeware) and it has a feature that allows me to see what programs are sending and receiving data (MBS and percentages by the month). It is purely info based and I find it very informative. Looks as though WinPrivacy will also do this (but with more info?). I am hoping that the user management component will allow the user to turn off vampire engines and still make use of a powerful product. I bought a copy and I have high expectations.

18. clubhouse1

clubhouse1 Registered Member

If it does all that it says on the tin then I think this will become a must have layer of security.

19. Coresix

Coresix Registered Member

I went ahead and bought the family pack as well. I, too, echo clubhouse1's sentiments. ;)

Sincerely,

Coresix

20. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

I bought the lifetime offer for WinPatrol subscriber... :)

21. DX2

DX2 Guest

I bought it also. When do they plan on releasing it?

22. siketa

siketa Registered Member

Q1 2015

23. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

It looks like it should have been a tab in Win Patrol, rather than another process to run. Also since most adblockers also block canvas fingerprinting, and there are fingerprinting blocking extensions, what good would this do? It has the functionality of a very rudimentary firewall as well, but that's useless for probably most people on here.

I'm not seeing a point to it, personally speaking.

24. Bret Lowry

Bret Lowry Registered Member

I received an email requesting I post to this forum when WinPrivacy Beta-1 is released. I will also answer some of the posts I just read.

I just sent out the email announcing the beta has begun.

This is a beta, so there is a chance you'll run into a bug.
    We are currently working on the list of known issues below:

1.Installer may fail. If it does, simply run the installer a second time and it should run to completion. (I believe we have corrected this issue. We were unable to duplicate this bug any longer with the latest build in the lab... But, that is in the lab, not real world)
    2.Initial start-up of WinPrivacy Explorer does not have a "Splash" screen so it may appear as if the product is not working properly.
    3.More than one icon of Duke can appear in the system tray. (They won't hurt anything and will disappear if you hover your mouse over them or close WinPrivacy Explorer completely.)
    4.Uninstall leaves some folders behind.
    5.Blocking of 3rd Party Flash Cookies is not yet available.
    6.WinPrivacy Explorer raises an occasional error message when navigating from one tab to another. Simply close the error message and carry on.
    7.If you have many start-up tabs defined in your browser, this may results in the tabs not opening when using WinPrivacy. If you run in to this, please stop the WinPrivacy service and your browsing abilities will be restored. (You may want to remove beta-1 and wait for beta-2 before testing any further or use a different browser while testing to avoid this issue.)
    8.WinPrivacy Explorer memory usage is a bit more than we'd like. It is slow to release memory, but when left alone or minimized in time releases much of the memory in use.
    9.We do not yet have a universal installer, so you will need to download and install either the 32-bit or 64-bit installer based on your operating system. (The installation will simply fail w/o any harm to your computer if you select the incorrect installer for you operating 32 or 64 bit system.)

You can download the installers from the following locations:

32-bit.
    http://www.winpatrol.com/downloads/winprivacy-x32-setup.exe

64-bit:
    http://www.winpatrol.com/downloads/winprivacy-x64-setup.exe

Thank You,
    Bret Lowry

25. Bret Lowry

Bret Lowry Registered Member

Good question. We toiled about simply adding the functionality to WinPatrol during the early planning stage, but decided to two really needed to be separate products because they perform completely different functionality. WinPatrol is a host intrusion protection program where WinPrivacy performs functions more similar to a firewall that a non-technical person can use and understand.

Because of the difference in functionality and that WinPrivacy is more intrusive because it installs a driver, we decided it best to keep the products as two distinct products. This way, people can purchase what they want rather than having to take a one-size-fits-all product.

In addition, we have quite a few features on the board for both products that will really help both become stand-outs in their respective categories. Yes, I said new features on the board for both products. We are working on an update to WinPatrol as well and will have that out in the near future as well.

Thanks,
    Bret.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.