WinPatrol v28.6.2013

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by gerardwil, Aug 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

http://www.winpatrol.com/upgrade.html

2. Blues7

Blues7 Registered Member

One of these days I'll be motivated (perhaps) to upgrade from 25.6.2012.1

(I'm not running real-time and I'm not sure that XP users are benefited from changes past the version I've been using.)

Glad to see that Bill is still going strong with new releases though.

3. ruinebabine

ruinebabine Registered Member

4. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Updated quick, maybe too quickly... The icon was still in the tray after overwriting EXE, and finally asked to close WinPatrol when reopening.

5. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

WinPatrol v28.6.2013 Released

WinPatrol v28.6.2013 Released
    Date: August 12th 2013

While malware infections range from ransomware to programs that control centrifuges, the biggest complaint lately has been software that installs toolbars and takes over home and search pages. A large number of companies are now including unwanted software with their regular updates. The payments received for tricking users into installing ad driven search pages provide huge incentives. If you find software that seems to require updates every week I would say 1) the company is counting on you not seeing a checkbox that give permission to download unwanted programs or 2) the programmers are so bad they can't fix bugs or security vulnerabilities.

This update provides enhancements and fixes to version 28 especially related to changes made to a Start page, Search Page, Background screen commonly used by ransomware and other common attack vectors. Text is more more useful and there are more Help buttons so alert messages can be reduced..

Whats New
    • Our timing and text describing page changes has improved and now a Help button.
    • Support for displaying a new Service type (Trigger Start) that is now supported by Windows 8.1.
    • Fix bug when Removing programs from registry when they are disabled.
    • Fixed error restoring Shortcut or .lnk files that were removed but available in history file
    • Options & Reports menu text fixed
    • Restart no lonnger required to enter Name and Code if they have been cleared by Reset and Repair screen

More Info l Download: WinPatrol 2013

6. FOXP2

FOXP2 Guest

Re: WinPatrol v28.6.2013 Released

Thanks for posting that up. The same exact text up in post #1, unformatted, didn't make much sense. The date you added made all the difference. And I would have never thought to click that upgrade.html up there without your "More Info / Download" notation! I'll quote you too, just in case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.