WinPatrol lifetime license 99¢ (48 hour sale)

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by acr1965, Oct 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nizarawi

Nizarawi Registered Member

2. Rompin Raider

Rompin Raider Registered Member

Just send me your $0.99 and I will pick a few football games and you can buy 3-4 copies.:D

3. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

More well known than winpatrol?......that dog is more famous than HMs corgis:p

4. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

This is the only place I've ever heard about it, and I've been on the web a long time :D

5. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Oh well, the promo is over.
    Decided not to get it since i already have OA. :rolleyes:

6. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

good choice NooB:thumb:

7. Quassar

Quassar Registered Member

meaby have smb usless have for me :D

8. Frank the Perv

Frank the Perv Banned

Exactly.

:D

9. BillPStudios

BillPStudios Security Expert

Thank you to everyone who not only participated in the last of my experimental sales but everyone who regardless of participation had nice things to say about WinPatrol or me personally.

For anyone who missed the sale, I'm sorry. I'm sure there will be other sales in the future but I'm confident it will never be under a dollar USD again.

To those who questioned the sale I understand although I can assure you there isn't anything synister regarding credit card info. In my personal opinion the biggest danger to your credit card info is someone gaining access directly to your banking info not from it going across the netork or having your carbon stolen by a wait staff.

I actually do provide instructions on how to order WinPatrol using personal checks, postal orders or money orders on our page http://winpatrol.com/plus.html.

The whole idea of having a 99 cent upgrade is a little whacked but I did want to find out if users were expecting prices typical of phone apps. Having multiple experiments was important but I have completed my testing. This is critical marketing data when it comes to pricing software apps for products sold using Windows RT in the Microsoft Store. I have done other pricing research including half price, $9.99 and $5.00. One of the things I have discovered has been mentioned here. Some people were less trusting of such a low price.

The folks here have been accomodating but I realize this thread has a short life span especially since I'm going off topic. I expect to create a conclusion for those interested on my blog. Here's a condensed summary. Shareware no longer works. There are good people who donate but not enough. Trialware doesn't work like it's designed. The only effective trialware appears to be scareware. Sadly, the other effective revenue model is to include toolbars, crapware or other deceptive adware while claiming to be free software.

I still have some crunching to do but I'm leaning toward a staight forward model that just sells the full version for a set price. No trial, no free version. There may be specials like a student or senior discount, perhaps veteran and probably a Family license which has very popular.

There are a lot of changes going on in the market and I really would like to be a participatent in new exciting technologies. The best way I can do that is to continue making WinPatrol PLUS a great investment.

Thanks again,
    Bill

10. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

wow scrapping the free version. that kinda sucks for those we use the free version. but if its price right then more power to you. Id give a 15 day trial so people can try it out at least.

11. DBone

DBone Registered Member

I agree, a 15 day trial or a 15 day money back guarantee is a must.

12. Frank the Perv

Frank the Perv Banned

This is overall very good news – even if the free version goes away.
    WinPatrol Plus would still presumably be ‘one-price’ security software. Some have a strong preference for ‘buying’ rather than ‘leasing.’ I agree.

I like the WinPatrol Plus and Malwarebytes model where I pay one time.

The good news piece – it sounds like Bill has plans to further develop the software.

After he threatened to sell out, I thought we were riding out the end of the software to where it will eventually be sold and will become lame – like so many applications do once they are sold.

But if Bill is keeping it and developing it, all is good.

WinPatrol Plus - while not a powerful security software is useful in many ways. And it has gotten better and better over time.

I do wonder if stopping the free version would be a marketing mistake though. Having the free version keeps the name out there – keeps the software familiar to people as it appears on all the lists of “free security software”…

So the question becomes – what is the conversion rate from free to pay?

But it sounds like Bill has already figured out that it may not be very significant.

Many businesses find out that giving away anything free appeals to people that just want ‘free stuff’ and results in few paid customers. Maybe it’s the same in this case.

Regardless..... I'm looking forward to the "new exciting technologies" Bill has in mind for us.

-ftp

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.