Winpatrol hosts monitor

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ellison64, Jul 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

How does Winpatrols real time hosts monitor work?.I just downloaded and replaced my hosts file (windows 7 64 bit) with MPVS host file using HostsXpert ,and winpatrol didn't bark *puppy*
    Shouldn't it notify in this situation?
    ellison

Attached Files:

2. Blues7

Blues7 Registered Member

On my XP Pro setup it doesn't bark but a popup will show up on the left upper side of my screen anywhere from immediately afterward to several seconds later asking me if I want to accept the change to my hosts file.

I can then click accept or not...or ask for more info.

Is it possible that you have blocked WP somewhere in your other security apps?

3. ellison64

No i haven't blocked winpatrol with any other apps.Im currently using looknstop and Norton 2011 av with winpatrol.Winpatrol DOES alert to start up items.

4. Blues7

Blues7 Registered Member

I hope you find the answer shortly...or else a quick note to Bill P. might shed some light. Sorry I couldn't help.

5. ellison64

Hmm... i think I might have found a bug.When i open win patrol and click options tab ,one of the real time monitor icons disappears after a second ,though i can still click the empty space and open the dialogue box.I guess id better email Bill ,and link to this thread.

Attached Files:

6. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I don't know if this helps, but in the restart file window, you have it set for 5 minutes and also have the automatic restart radio button checked. If you're using Winpatrol Pro the radio button is checked.

7. ellison64

The radio button for that option disappears after a second,when i open options secreen, so i cant alter it if i want to,other than increasing the time from the windows or setting it to 0 (disabling)
    ellison

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.