Winpatrol displaying .ini files

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Foxfired, Jan 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Foxfired

Foxfired Registered Member

Hello all,

I have been the victim of pretty frequent browser hijacker attacks. I run Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware which usually gets rid of the viruses. I also use Winpatrol to monitor activity.

After each attack I notice a couple new .ini files in my "hidden files" section. None of my antivirus programs detect them. But they are there.

Here are just a few:

ORQWAJLM.INI2
    PPRADMOQ.INI
    XBCLNNNN.INI

They are all located in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\

Should I get rid of them? What are they?

2. risl

risl Registered Member

3. Bunkhouse Buck

Bunkhouse Buck Registered Member

Which AV programs do you use? Try Avira which features a very high detection rate (the highest according to AV Comparatives for on-demand scans) and see what it tells you. You can verify that with other web-based free scans like Dr. Web Cure-it, etc.

4. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

oh yeahhhh!! ;)

also, ive never heard of those files before, are they giving you trouble?... or is it just curiosity?

5. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

well judging by their name they dont look like files that are legit, but appearances culd be deceiving. well if they are really that important, Windows should automatically re-create them like it does with a lot of it's system critical files if you do choose to delete them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.