WinPatrol and/or Regprot?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by jon_fl, Oct 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jon_fl

jon_fl Registered Member

Do these programs work differently? If you have WinPatrol is there any reason to have Regprot? What about Process Guard Free with these two. Any benefits? All suggestions welcomed. :D

2. ..-- .-.

..-- .-. Guest

From what I understand WinPatrol will monitor certain areas of the registry that Process Guard can't. Also Regprot is somewhat outdated in what in monitors. I feel Spybot's Tea Timer is superior to Regprot because it covers more areas than Regprot. WinPatrol and Tea Timer complement each other nicely. WinPatrol, Tea Timer, and Process Guard make a good combination IMO.

3. jon_fl

jon_fl Registered Member

I also have SpywareBlaster and SpywareGuard and during the setup of Spybot there was a recommendation to use one of those products instead of Tea Timer. In that case, should I drop Regprot and go with Process Guard Free? o_O

4. ..-- .-.

..-- .-. Guest

SpywareBlaster and SpywareGuard protect you from spyware, and are very useful, but do nothing to protect your registry.

Spybot's Tea Timer would be a better choice than Regprot to protect your registry.

I would definitely choose Process Guard over Regprot, but remember Process Guard doesn't protect your reg, so you still need something like Tea Timer running.

So to use SpywareBlaster, SpywareGuard, Tea Timer, WinPatrol and Process Guard would be a good combination.

5. jon_fl

jon_fl Registered Member

OK thanks. What does Process Guard Free protect? I've already installed Spybot. How do I enable Tea Timer?

6. ..-- .-.

..-- .-. Guest

Here's the Process Guard info page http://www.diamondcs.com.au/processguard The difference between the free and full versions of PG is with the free version you are only able to protect one process (program) of your choice. In the full version you are able to protect any number of processes (programs) of your choice.

To enable Tea Timer in Spybot, open Spybot, in the upper left click 'mode', and choose 'advanced mode'. Then in the left column click 'tools'. Make sure 'resident' has a check mark next to it. Good luck and happy surfing. :)

7. jon_fl

jon_fl Registered Member

Thanks. One last question. How do I remove Regprot from my computer? I already disabled it and Tea Timer is working just fine. :)

8. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

to stop, uninstall and remove regprot. go into regprot folder, double-click RPADMIN.EXE, under start, stop theres status, if its running stop it. then in the Run At Startup, if in the status column if it says installed click uninstall

Attached Files:

9. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

if you do that, then you should see the screenshot below, then you can delete the folder

Attached Files:

10. jon_fl

jon_fl Registered Member

Thanks iceni60. Can't be any clearer than that. ;)

11. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

glad to help you jon_fl
    :D :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.