WinPatrol and GLB1A2B.exe

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by JazzORaxx, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JazzORaxx

JazzORaxx Registered Member

WinPatrol keeps giving me a message saying that is has detected a command added to the file WININIT.INI. This command will be executed the next time the computer is rebooted. When I ask for details, it shows NUL=C:Windows\Temp\GLB1A2B.exe. NUL means that the file will be deleted on restart. However, everytime the computer is restarted, I get the same message. I've done a file scan, and GLB1A2B.exe is in the Windows\Temp folder. I've also run SpyBot S&D, AdAware, Spyware Blaster and none of them show any problems. Does anyone have any idea what I have to do to get rid of this?
    I use Win 98, and Explorer 6 SP1.
    Thanks.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. poolboynaturel

poolboynaturel Registered Member

SpyBouncer found this file as GLB1A2B.EXE-2179E8EB.pf installed in C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch.
    Further investigation showed that it was installed at the same time ZoneAlarm update was installed. (By checking the time stamp in the time modified column, and then searching what else was installed on that day and at that time.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.