WinKernall.DLL

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by SaveFeriss, May 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SaveFeriss

SaveFeriss Guest

Firstly I apologise if this is in the wrong section.

I would just like to ask about something that keeps trying to connect through my Firewll to the internet. I am using Sygate Personal Firewall and it regulary prompts me whether to allow "Kernall32.dll" to conect.

I always refuse it, but yesterday I allowed it through once as I was just getting sick and tired of it asking me, and ever since my computer is quite laggy.

For instance if I minimise my browser (firefox) there is a delay for it minimising. Kind of like it does it in sections and it takes a little bit for my desktop to display. It's hard to explain exactly, but it doesnt 'look' right.

Im currently doing BitDefenders online scanner tool, but I guess this isnt going to tell me whether Ive been hacked or have any trojans or whatever on here.

Im quite a security novice and use Ad-Aware and Spybot which both always find the same problems everytime I run them, I remove them, but they pop up next time anyway.

Any help would be greatly appreciated here.

2. Oddbod

Oddbod Guest

Hi.

If that file is spelt the way U posted it i would BLOCK it in Ur firewall, in XP kernel32.dll is located in the Windows\System32 directory. Any other spelling of it is very suspicious.

I would recommend U scan the file with KAV online file scanner at kaspersky . com.

I would also recommend U run Spybot &/or AdAware & a good anti trojan app like the trial of TDS3 (U can download the updated Radius.td3 file from the tsd website.

Try to clean the system while offline & if Ur firewall prompts U again i would block it totally.

HTH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.