Windows98SE Explorer Window Settings?...

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Comp01, Mar 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Comp01

Comp01 Registered Member

Windows explorer settings wont save the current window size, I've tried everything to get it saved (Use the display all folders like this one option, in the folder options) used TweakUI to save explorer settings, used Regseeker to save explorer settings, used standard Windows explorer settings to save window settings, and it still resets! I don't want to view all of my folders as webpages, (Although, I fixed that, the size of the window is still too small) but, even though I fixed the view as webpage part, the Windows folder, and program files folder still view as webpages! How can I resolve this problem? Is there a program to fix this?

2. dangitall

dangitall Registered Member

I am aware of no programs that address this Windows quirk. However, I've had the best luck in making these changes from the View - Folder Options button in an open MyComputer window rather than from Explorer.

This is one of those things that can require multiple attempts to get it the way you want and even then it may change on you for no readily discernable reason. :doubt:

3. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

I'm on XP-home now, and can't remember if there was an equivalent setting in my old 98SE, so this might not help.

If you can, bump the number of folder-settings remembered WAY up from its default, it may just be that you've got enough active folders that their settings are not all being saved. In XP the default is (I think) 400, and if you exceed that then the ones not recently accessed get "forgotten".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.