Windows XP SP3

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by hossie, Dec 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hossie

hossie Registered Member

Hi Guys,

Few days ago , I came across Windows XP SP3 and as it was something new , installed it on my hard drive. To my astonishment, it didnt ask for any serial number and got installed. Now the problem is , its not recognizing my USB devices. I think I should get rid of it.

If u guys have any information about it , please do let me know.

2. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi Hossie,

I heard it was going to be 2 - 3yrs before M$ would release SP3. The long delay would be an inducement to upgrade to Vista. I really don't thin this a M$ update.

Take Care & Merry Christmas
    Rico

3. InfinityAz

InfinityAz Registered Member

Windows XP Service Pack 3 is not supposed to be released until 2008 according to MS (they're kinda busy with Vista).

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

the service pack your talking about is an unoffical one.
    the offfical sp3 isnt out for ages.
    lodore

5. VIPER99

VIPER99 Registered Member

Could be SP3 for office. that is my guess.

6. Durad

Durad Registered Member

It will probably be the same as for Windows 2000 Professional :rolleyes:

7. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

SP3 is Pirated ****, Its what some person has created themselfs, with slipstreamed additions to it, like they do when they pirate copies of Windows XP and slipstream extra software bundlled into it, it's Illegal and its not ever going to replace the real thing,and most likely it will also cause major **** to your system, so I would throw it out ASAP. ;) and I wouldnt be surprised it if has nasty surprises installed too, waiting to mess with your computer.. i.e Viruses Trojans and Malware :eek:

8. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

Windows XP SP3 is not even ready yet. The latest service pack is SP2.

9. Old Monk

Old Monk Registered Member

Hi

I recall another thread relating to this.

Belarc Advisor lists a lot of the patches as SP3.

Not sure where that other thread is..................

10. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Yep I posted that somewhere on this forum, everything after SP2 is part of SP3. SP3 does not mean it is a brand new patch falling out of the sky in Q1 2008.

Gerard

Attached Files:

• sp3.gif
      sp3.gif
      File size:
      4 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2006
  11. Old Monk

Old Monk Registered Member

Thanks Gerard

Glad you confirmed that I'm not going mad.

.............your're current avatar is however making me feel a bit doolally o_O

12. hossie

hossie Registered Member

Thanks guys ,

I am going to remove that piece of **** from computer asap, actually I just installed just to find what it was .

As you guys mentioned that its not from M$ , I m goinfg to remove, however there is one thing, its faster than normal windows XP.

:oops:

13. noway

noway Registered Member

Why would it if you already have XP installed? Or did you download a warez XP plus the unofficial SP3 (integrated operating system plus unofficial service pack)

When you download something you should remember what you downloaded and from where, plus keep the original copy of the download as long as you have it installed. That way you could re-install it or provide us with version numbers, unpack it to see what's inside it, etc. If it's an unofficial service pack then chances are it's made up of Microsoft patches released since SP2.
    An example of an unofficial SP is here:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enhancements/Windows-XP-Service-Pack-3-Preview.shtml

Now if you downloaded a warez XP plus unofficial SP3 integrated that's another story.

14. osip

osip Registered Member

...well,that depends on the original maker.There are at least some versions out in the warez area made by serious people,and that´s right:sp2 + all hotfixes included up to a certain date...Another question is if you prefer to be legit or not...If it´s good it´s good...A fact as with everything else...But the only one who can decide that is you yourself...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.