Windows XP SP2

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by HiltonT, Mar 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HiltonT

HiltonT Registered Member

Hi All,

Just a note to let you know (and hopefully Eset will follow this up and address it ASAP) that the Security Center in Windows XP SP2 does not detect NOD32 as running.

Eset really need to look into this, especially considering Microsoft just renewed their NOD32 license for their product deployment department.

NOD32 works fine, just to clear this up, its just that the Windows XP Security Centre cannot detect it.

- HiltonT

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

It seems that a few people beta testing sp2 have found that several av and at programs are being installed.

3. FluxGFX

FluxGFX Registered Member

I being a user of WinXP SP2 v.2082 find the the security center is useless at this stage. I recomend to deactivate it and proceed using your XP machine.

Wait until the release of SP2 v.3022 :)

4. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

SP2 RC1 v.2096 is the most recent or at least it was two\three days ago.. lol

5. HiltonT

HiltonT Registered Member

Hi Phantom,

What's so funny about an XP2 RC1 release? I don't get the joke.

Eset's NOD32 is not being detected by Security Centre. I don't see the joke in that either.

I was asking for Eset to address this before the final release of XP SP2. I don't see the joke in that either.

Maybe its just that you think it funny that anyone would try to proactively help Eset.

- HiltonT

6. Phant0m

"* or at least it was two\three days ago.. lol "

7. Phant0m

Yea HiltonT, i find everything a joke.... Lame yea?

8. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Gents,

Please don't turn this into some sort of a personal controversy and respect different views. Keep it factual and refrain from paying hard ball. No one is going to gain anything from that.

regards.

paul

9. Phant0m

From observations, they are continuing to release better SP2 RC1 versions, and from when I last checked SP2 RC1 v.2096 was most recent. And since Security Center is still in the baby stage it wouldn’t be surprising if no other Anti-Virus or Firewall being detected beyond its MS versions. For those on Security Center in SP2 RC1 v.2096 and lower are advised just too simply "Change the way Security Center alerts me".

10. Brian.com

Brian.com Registered Member

To my knowledge, as of SP2 RC1, the only antivirus software recognized by the XP Security Center, is eTrust. I believe I remember reading somewhere that Mcafee was also recognized. Not even Norton is seen by the Security Center.

It is speculated that this will be fixed by all AV venders/Microsoft by the time SP2 goes gold.

Remember, it is still in beta form. That means it will be buggy, and is not finished.

If this will be a major peice of Windows, installed by default, I'm sure it will be taken care of by the time SP2 goes live.

11. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

This isn't particuarly a NOD issue

from what I've heard, almost no Anti viruses/firewalls or any antitrojans except a select few M$ partners are identified by the new SP2 betas

It isn't down to NOD or any other vendor to implement but M$

so instead of bashing NOD send your comments to M$, that is what BETA testing is for.

IF you are not an official beta tester then you shouldn't be installing SP2 yet anyway as it's not offically available

12. sig

sig Registered Member

There is a public release preview available for testing purposes but it's primarily intended for developers and IT pros. Since it is publicly available anyone can download it. As to whether they should or not, that's up to their own skills and abilities. It's a preview based on a beta RC1 version, not a final release. Therefore all caveats regarding use of beta software apply. ;)

13. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

Hi all
    If i may just add my small input as i don't normally get involved in things that are controversial. The service pack 2 is now available to the general public as posted last week in the update section by my good friend hayc59 who beet me to it :D The objective of the exercise in my reading of the Microsoft e-mail telling me this was now available to download was to find out which software was NOT going to work with SP2. Well in my case there were only two pieces of software that failed to work they were STYLE XP and JAVA The rest worked as normal and as i have a great deal of software on my computer i personally feel that it was worth downloading and giving it a try. It uninstalled perfectly And look forward to the next release. Sad to say is that NOD is not on my computer but i know from friends how excellent it is and in due coarse look forward to giving it a try :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.