Windows XP SP2 beta 2082 with NOD32 v2.0

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by PnP, Mar 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PnP

PnP Registered Member

Hello people... Is the new beta conpatible with NOD32 v2.0 and with the final xp sp2 will be compatible?

2. DiGi

DiGi Registered Member

Simpe: Yes

But WinXP doesn't detect nod as "working AV scanner" (in their new security center)

3. PnP

PnP Registered Member

Thanks you so much for quick reply... I hope that eset resolve conflict with some programs with the new build engine 2.09...

4. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Well heck! I hope the non-detection in the MS Security Center is fixed before we all get Sp2. I was very much looking forward to having a way to be notified when AMON is turned off. As it is now, I'm not notified and I may not remember to reenable AMON for days or until I reboot and I try to avoid rbooting often now I have XP. Having the icon be red or grey in the sys tray is not enough for notification purposes especially if the hide inactive icon function is used for XP for systray items or auto hide task bar. There needs to be a popup after X number of minutes that AMON is disabled.

5. anotherjack

anotherjack Registered Member

I just set XP to NOT hide my NOD icon. That way, it's always there for me to see...

6. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Well, I have taskbar transparency enabled at 60% so I would not see it unless I looked very hard. Once you have used taskbar transparency (and windows transparency) assuming your video card supports it you wouldn't go back to default which is harsh and ugly looking. Thus, I firmly believe Eset should provide a popup box to warn when AMON has been disabled for x minutes. If SP2 does not provide for notification for NOD32, this is another point of consideration for me when I come closer to the time to renew my NOD license. It certainly is just one consideration among many, but I suspect that my decision will be based on how many of all the things I want in an AV are provided and how many are not and how many in a descending order of importance are offered. Since most major av catch most viruses I will be looking at more at the medium to smaller things...even at such things as the support forum and how easy it is to use...all the little things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.