Windows XP reboots

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Dennis H., Oct 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis H.

Dennis H. Registered Member

I have been trying to use Acronis True Image 7, which has worked in the past, to image my drive. However when I attempt to create an image the screen goes black and my computer will re-boot. I have download and installed the latest drivers and I have the last build (638 ). I reinstalled the program with the same result. I tried to uninstall the program to reinstall a fresh copy and the same thing happens. Screen goes black and computer reboots. AMD Dual Core 2200 with 2 Meg of Ram, Windows XP PRO media edition. Any ideas are welcome. This program has served me well in the past.

Dennis

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2006
  2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

You installed the latest drivers for what item? Version 7 is a very old version. Is this the first time you're trying it on the dual core system or has it worked with it before? Are you trying to image the drive from within Windows or by using the Rescue CD?

3. Dennis H.

Dennis H. Registered Member

It did not specify which product on the drivers. I am attempting to run the program from within windows. Yes, it has worked in the past with no problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.