Windows XP problems

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Sandcrab, Aug 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sandcrab

Sandcrab Registered Member

G'day All,

I have Windows XP & Microsoft Office 2003 (teacher & Student Edition) & have recently configured my mail account in Outlook to access my Yahoo web mail so that I can receive & reply to my yahoo mail from Outlook itself. However, every so often an 'Enter Net Password' message box pops up on the screen asking me to 'Please type your User Name and Password'. The User Name & Password for the Yahoo account are already filled in & ticking the 'save this Password in your Password List' box has no effect. When I click OK or Cancel the box disappears, only to reappear at a later time. How do I get rid of this annoyance? Have tried several things without success & need a helping hand.

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I have the same problem with Hotmail every once in a Blue Moon, I'm not sure if it can be fixed...

Cheers :D

3. Sandcrab

Yo Blackspear,

Thanks for your quick response. My problem seems to have accellerated to once every four minutes or so & it's starting to give me the 'You Know Whats' :rolleyes: . Perhaps it would be easier to delete the Yahoo account from Outlook? This will be a last resort.

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

This would appear to be according to when Outlook checks your mail server.

That would be annoying, mine is only once in a blue moon...

Try the following link:

http://www.globetechnology.com/servlet/ArticleNews/tech/RTGAM/20030131/gts2/Technology/techBN/

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

5. Sandcrab

G'day Blackspear,

Thanks again for your time & trouble in supplying that link. Alas, Outlook 2003 has only one configuration. Outlook 2000 was the last to support the Internet Mail Only option. Will keep on trying for a solution.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.