Windows XP Privileges

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by stgiaf, Mar 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stgiaf

stgiaf Registered Member

Good evening.
    I have insalled acronis true image home 11 with administrator account and i receive the error "You do not have enough privileges to get full access to all acronis true image functionality"
    I have installed also disk director and the same error raises.
    I have searched all the forums and no answer...
    Any idea? I need to make an image of my hard disk in my bussiness laptop.
    I run windows xp sp 2.
    PLEASE HELPPPPP!!!

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Just to understand this situation. You have more than one account set up on your computer. One is the Administrator account and the other is what?

You logged on as the Administrator and installed True Image Home 11. What build of TI do you have? Help / About shows the build number.

When you try to run TI, are you logged on as Administrator?

When do you see this error message? Immediately upon starting TI or after selecting Backup, or when?

Have you created the TI bootable Recovery CD? Can you boot your notebook from it?

Where do you intend to save the backup image?

What version of Windows XP do you have Home or Professional?

3. stgiaf

stgiaf Registered Member

I have windows xp professional.
    I can't see the build, because i get the message before the program starts.I think it is the latest , as I downloaded it form acronis web site before a couple of hours.For tha reason , ican;t take a bootable cd. I ran the installation with administrator and i'm logged in as administrator.I have 2 users in my notebook both of them administrators.

4. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

OK, I've never seen that happen with TI before.

Is there any sort of security software installed on your computer that could be preventing TI from running?

If this is not a computer you purchased, could there be a program that prevents adding unauthorized software.

Uninstalling TI, re-downloading it and re-installing it might be worth trying.

If you have another computer, you could install TI there and create the Recovery CD. All the CDs from the same build are the same, and you could try booting your business notebook from that CD to make an image as a work-around while looking for a full solution.

5. stgiaf

stgiaf Registered Member

Thanks a lot for your advise..
    I already created a boot cd from another machine and I did my job...

Thanks a lot again!

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello stgiaf,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Backup software.

In spite of your account has Administrator priviliges you can try to run the program in the following way:

- Right-click desktop icon and choose "Right as Administrator" item.

If the issue still persists please add account you are logged under to the "Backup Operators" group. Below is the instruction how to do this.

- Right-click "My Computer" icon and choose "Manage" in pop-up menu;
    - Double-click "Local Users And Groups" and choose "Groups" item;
    - Double-click "Backup Operators" in the right part of the screen;
    - Check if you can find any of your accounts in "Members" field. If you can't please click "Add" button to add them.

Check if this solves the issue.

Thank you
    --
    Nikita Sakharov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.