Windows XP getting slower and slower prevention?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by jg88swe, Sep 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jg88swe

jg88swe Registered Member

Hey,
    To have a stable version of Windows Xp you need to like reinstall it every year because it gets slower and slower after you installed it... Don't know why but that is apperently how it is..
    Hope you know what i mean... and right now my computer is really slow it was about 1.5 years sience I installed my XP and I think it's time for it now.

But then I wonder,
    Is there any Software Application that can prevent these things?

I know Deep Freeze/ShadowUser will do but are there others like them or similar that prevent Windows to slow it down. Maybe it's enough to have some Registry freeze thing.. or what do you think?
    Using NOD32/Spyware Doctor now...

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

just dont install new software or make changes in settings or whatever, and clear out ur temporary files/internet cache regularly. my suggestion is to install winxp and all ur software, tweak it, and make whatever changes u may need. then image it with a program like acronis true image. this way, it only takes 5 minutes to restore the image and get ur PC to a good, clean, and fast state.

3. Shrek

Shrek Guest

Try this next time.

FileMap by BB

Have you ever noticed how the number of files in your windows and system directories seem to mysteriously grow over time? Or, you might have already heard from victims of hijack programs describing how phantom files had taken control of their browsers, with no idea where they came from.

It's times like that when it would be very handy to have a record of files before and after so you could determine which files do not belong.

FileMap by BB lets you take control of the growing number of files on your system by making record lists of those in the Windows, the System, and the C: root directories so you can constantly check what has been added (or removed).

http://www.shareup.com/FileMap-by-BB-download-2940.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.