Windows XP file, “disdn”

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by jayzzz, Jan 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jayzzz

jayzzz Registered Member

I have XP Home and the above-named file may be out of its proper place. I moved a file accidentally once before when my hand was nudged by a cat. I was nudged again just before I saw disdn. My memory isn’t anything to brag about, so I don’t want to delete it in case it belongs there or is needed elsewhere.

disdn is completely empty & I wasn’t able to find any references to it using the search feature here, at Wilders. Google showed stuff, but I couldn’t tell whether any of it was computer-related.

Does anyone else have this file in the location below?

C:\windows\system32\drivers\disdn

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Well....I have Win2K not XP....but that folder is in my....System32\drivers\disdn....Win2K OS.

Haven't been able to find the use for that folder in Google searches....but it does exist in 2K if that helps.

3. jayzzz

jayzzz Registered Member

Thank you so much! It helps 100% to know it's unlikely I moved it inadvertently.

If you've got it there, it stands to reason XP does, too. And if not, someone will mention it later. I'm a little discouraged because it was there all along and never "registered" in my mind, but that's the way it goes.

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Blame on the Cat *puppy*

5. jayzzz

jayzzz Registered Member

Thank you (again). You were gentle & subtle in letting me know I used the wrong word. I almost didn't catch it! :)

The folder graphic looks like a manilla file folder...and I usually refer to the paper ones as files. These aren't paper, though, and I'll try not to make that mistake again. It could confuse someone other than me in certain discussions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.