Windows XP errors after Drive Copy clone

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by d082088, Sep 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. d082088

d082088 Registered Member

Hello to all,

I'm in the process of building my 4th barebones kit to give you some idea of my expertise level. Also keep in mind that I have successfully cloned my "old" running fine hard drive from the older desktop PC I'm posting in this forum now from 4 DIFFERENT TIMES, fully formatting the drives first, then "cloning" using Power Suite 2010 AND Drive Copy 10 TO TWO SEPARATE BRAND NEW HARD DRIVES, one Seagate, the other W-D 1TB drives. Upon exploring the files on the "cloned" drives using both "cloning" softwares all files and folders ARE IDENTICAL to my current drive but my problem is Windows will boot right to the point where the display would change from the black background with the XP graphic in the front, to one split second of the "BSD" screen, then it shuts off, reboots into the black "windows did not start normally, would you like to start in safe mode" screen. Now here's the kicker, it WILL boot into safe mode and function with no problems. In fact, wondering whether there was a driver problem being that the drive the new one was cloned from had the drivers, etc. for all the sound, graphics, etc. from my old PC, so while I was booted in safe mode I went ahead and installed all the correct drivers from the support CD that came with the new motherboard. Upon reboot from those driver installations, no change. WHAT AM I MISSING ? I've never had this issue in 3 other builds, two of those with Asus motherboards like this latest one. I'm really at my wits end on why it won't boot Windows XP in full mode after cloning TWO DIFFERENT NEW HDs UTILIZING TWO OF THE BEST CLONING SOFTWARES OUT THERE !! Anybody experienced this ? I'm listening close if you have !! THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN SEND
    ME !o_O o_O o_O o_O

2. Paragon_MattK

Paragon_MattK Paragon Moderator

It does sound like a driver problem, which can happen whenever you change hardware, even if Windows is fully intact. What you should do first is start the machine while pressing the F8 key, this should get you some advanced boot options. Select "disable automatic restart on system failure" and it will stop at the BSOD, so you can see the stop error. It will most likely end with 7B, if this is the case then it is a problem with your storage controller driver, at which point I recommend running our P2P Adjust OS wizard and injecting the new driver.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.