Windows Vista

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Mrkvonic, Oct 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    How many of you would be interested in an overview? I could bake one in VMware and tell you what the new "rage" is going to be about. Personally I do not favor Vista and will not use it, but some of you might want to know. Just as I do not favor HIPS, I can still give advice. What say you? Would you like a bunch of screenshots and such?
    Mrk

2. dog

dog Guest

Even though I'm not interested in Vista itself, I'd be interested to take a look, as I'm sure others would too. :)

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Same as Dog. Other people are probably more interested in winVISTA than me and it's always interesting to see how winVISTA is designed. I won't use winVISTA until I need a new computer and this one is NEW.

4. Lamehand

Lamehand Registered Member

the Netherlands,very near to the North sea
    It would be nice to see where all the commotion is about, i haven't seen anything from it yet, a few random screenshots here and there, but that's all.

Lamehand

5. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I am on my third version of Vista, I really kind of like it.

6. pykko

pykko Registered Member

I installed only the Vista GUI (Vista Transformation PAck) which I enjoy. You can post the screenshots. I'm interested. ;)

7. Devinco

Devinco Registered Member

I would be interested to read your overview of Vista.

8. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

There was an article in the local newspaper that McAfee was complaining that the new Vista was not working properly with the company's software and that Microsoft was not making available the inner workings of the new operating system to third party vendors (Symantec also raised a protest). I think there was an implication that Microsoft was trying to set up the operating system so that only their own developed software would work right. :shifty:

Related message thread.
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=149022

I remember when those Charlie Chaplin ads for the IBM PC were on TV in the early 1980's. I still don't think that their machines were better than other companies.:p

Last edited: Oct 5, 2006
  9. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Hi Mrkvonic, I will wait for ur review.

10. DaveA1944

DaveA1944 Registered Member

I think you will find that Microsoft has refused to release the inter core code to the new security area. I have been told that they (MS Windows) will not even release that code to the other product divisions. This is to insure that NO one makes changes to the new security.
    I have been running Vista on a VAIO K47 laptop some time now, and things are lookin real good, but NDA stops me from say anything more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.