Windows Vista will not start after creating secure zone.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by robwiljas, Mar 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robwiljas

robwiljas Registered Member

I'm using the latest build (4942) of Acronis TrueImage 10 with Windows Vista Home Premium retail and if I create the Acronis Secure Zone, after rebooting Vista will not start, giving me the following error:

==========================================================
    Windows Boot Manager

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1. Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer
    2. Choose your language settings, and then click "Next"
    3. Click "Repair your Computer"

If you do not have this disc, contact you administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

File: \Windows\system32\winload.exe

Info: the selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt.

I thought maybe it was a software conflict so I formatted and reinstalled Vista, and immediately installed Acronis TrueImage and activated the secure zone, before installing any other software or drivers, and it still gives me the same error after rebooting. What can I do?

2. Al_Fig

Al_Fig Registered Member

I noticed the exact same error on my system. Let me ask you, are you using a RAID array or SCSI disks, or just standard IDE or SATA? I noticed some other peculiarities before I got this error when rebooting - like the True Image recovery disk didn't properly recognize the disks in my Raid array (3 x 400GB SATA-II disks configured as Raid-5), so I assumed it was a driver issue. Now I'm not so sure.

I ended up totally reinstalling Vista (Home Premium version), doing the recovery from within windows (to get back my original C: drive, incuding installed applications and user data), and then reinitializing my raid array. I seem to be back in business now, but I'm still concerned about what True Image might do to me system the next time I run it.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello robwiljas,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Could you please provide us with some additional information?

- Have you used system partition (where Windows Vista installed) to take space to create the zone? Or have you used another partition or unallocated space to create the zone?

- Have you activated the Acronis Startup Recovery Manager?

In addition, please create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

4. Acronis Support

Hello Al_Fig,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

First of all, please make sure that the Bootable CD is created using the latest build of the appropriate version of Acronis True Image. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

Should you experience a problem with your RAID controller when accessing from rescue mode (booted from Acronis True Image Bootable CD), please provide us with the exact vendor and model of the RAID controller you use and we will help you solve the problem.

In addition, create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

5. Tatou

Tatou Registered Member

6. robwiljas

Hi sorry it took so long to respond. I'm not running RAID, I'm running 2 200GB IDE hard drives.

Edit:
    Yeah it probably is. What bugs me is I read about other people having this problem and Acronis said it was fixed in the latest build, which it obviously is not.

7. robwiljas

Yes I resized the Windows Vista partition to create the recovery zone, and I activated the startup recovery manager at the same time as creating the recovery zone. I already submitted a request for technical support, 3 days ago, and have yet to have a response.

8. Acronis Support

Hello robwiljas,

Could you please let us know your Acronis request # (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? We will find out the reason for the delay. If you have not received an autoreply then please send us a Private Message containing your e-mail address.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

9. robwiljas

The number is 956570, however I just got a response a little while ago that said:

"Hello Robert,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image 10.0 Home http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/

Please try to establish Acronis Secure Zone to another hard drive and check if the problem persists.

Thank you."

In my opinion this isn't much of a resonse, as I REALLY don't feel like having to reinstall Vista again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.