Windows Vista, Group Policy Client Crash

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Dyndrilliac, Jul 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dyndrilliac

Dyndrilliac Registered Member

Recently I have had repeated random crashes in the Group Policy Client, User Profile Service, and many other critical Windows services in Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit). The OS's "Problem Reports and Solutions" says the following:
    I have checked the knowledge base, and have found nothing referring to this problem. I did recently upgrade iTunes to v7.7, but this was happening before that - and I have taken the steps outlined in the knowledge base to exclude it from the automatic protection modules.

Can anyone give me a solution to the problem, or at least a temporary work-around, preferably that doesn't involve uninstalling my current version of Nod32? I am currently using v2.7, and I know it's deprecated, but I'm hoping that someone knows something I can do that is relatively simple. If you need crash dump information, or anything regarding my system configuration to aid me, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: After doing some investigating with the Windows Event Viewer, I have determined that the problem occurs from some interaction that the IMON module makes with "svchost.exe" located in the %SYSTEMROOT%\system32 directory. I have determined that until a proper fix is found or available, anyone else experiencing this problem can temporarily work around the problem by adding svchost.exe to IMON's exclusion list.
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.