Windows Vista, Group Policy Client Crash

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Dyndrilliac, Jul 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dyndrilliac

Dyndrilliac Registered Member

Recently I have had repeated random crashes in the Group Policy Client, User Profile Service, and many other critical Windows services in Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit). The OS's "Problem Reports and Solutions" says the following:
    I have checked the knowledge base, and have found nothing referring to this problem. I did recently upgrade iTunes to v7.7, but this was happening before that - and I have taken the steps outlined in the knowledge base to exclude it from the automatic protection modules.

Can anyone give me a solution to the problem, or at least a temporary work-around, preferably that doesn't involve uninstalling my current version of Nod32? I am currently using v2.7, and I know it's deprecated, but I'm hoping that someone knows something I can do that is relatively simple. If you need crash dump information, or anything regarding my system configuration to aid me, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: After doing some investigating with the Windows Event Viewer, I have determined that the problem occurs from some interaction that the IMON module makes with "svchost.exe" located in the %SYSTEMROOT%\system32 directory. I have determined that until a proper fix is found or available, anyone else experiencing this problem can temporarily work around the problem by adding svchost.exe to IMON's exclusion list.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.