Windows Updates?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Sunnysdsr, Jul 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sunnysdsr

Sunnysdsr Registered Member

Hello, sorry for the noobish question, but do you think its necessary that I update my Windows constantly? They're are to many updates and im to lazy to do em' :rolleyes: I'm still on SP1. Do you think SP2 actually offers better security?

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Yes, and yes.

Grab Service Pack 2 on a disk if you don't want to download it.

Cheers :D

3. Sunnysdsr

Thanks for the reply. Actually, the problem is that, I usually reformat my computer once every 2-3 months to keep it clean and after my reformat my SP2 is gone and all I'm left with is SP1 hotfixes in control panel. Is there anyway I can keep Windows SP2 permanently installed even after a reformat?

4. tayres

tayres Guest

5. SSK

SSK Registered Member

6. Sunnysdsr

Thanks for the replies. Okay, I found a lot of sites with slipstream tutorials but the problem is, some of them have the SP2 file as 266 MB and others as 272 MB. So I was wondering, which file is legit?

7. Sunnysdsr

And I don't even think slipstreaming is possible for me because I don't have a Windows XP Home Edition CD. It was pre installed when I purchased my HP computer from Futureshop and all my reformats are done from within HP system recovery. All the factory shipped files are restored is it. Please, reply.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2006
  8. tayres

tayres Guest

From HP.com:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.