windows update help

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by C.S.J, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

vista... problem with an automatic update,

ive tried the f1 help for that error, it did not help, still the update fails.

ive tried the manual download from the microsoft website, failed.

help

( KB933928 )

ive googled it, and many others have the same problem with their particular update, but i see no fixes!

i dont understand it all, so HELP! :D

i see this update is from july, yet my vista was updated fully only a few days ago, so it must have been revised and now its f'ed up and wont install.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2007
  2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I also had problems with Windows Update and installed
    Windows Genuine Advantage Notifications v1.7.0018.1, but I have WinXPproSP2.
    After that no problems anymore

In winVISTA this tool seems to be integrated, but it might be an indication for you to solve the problem.
    You can't use my tool because it's only for XP.

3. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

ok, well i dont know how to fix it.

however, i rolled back using my snapshot and the problem is fixed.

oh well,

closed!

4. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

Wow.. I havent thought of windows updates at all until I read this post (I have it set to do everything automatically) so I decided to check if I had that update. What do I see? I see that Vista has not updated since august :blink: I have security center turned off since I dont use the malicious tool and SC kept on harassing me about that I dont use malicious tool. So not being notified that I was not up to date was my own fault.

No problem, I´ll just update manually - NOT!
    What do I get? First winupdate tells me to upgrade the software for windows update. I do that but I get stuck in a endless loop with this update-software upgrade and error 8007000B.
    googling It seems like a common error but the solution at MS site doesn't solve it. o_O

The thought of having to image back to a image couple of months old is no fun at all.
    But then a Einstein like idea hit my head: I´ll just do a repair of Vista with the boot CD.
    What do I see? the only option I get is to use a restore point?! First of all, If I even had bothered to use restore points, I doubt I would have almost two months old restore points. I guess those restore point would´ve occupied even more space that FDISR ...

Anyone know if Vista is able to do a repair like XP did? I am sure I have seen somewhere where you can download all the hotfixes and updates to windows manually, but when I search at MS site I dont find them, I find other updates but not the ones that you get when windows update handles it.

On top of that: The other day I was about to install the latest beta of Look´n´stop that required a install of "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable" but when I tried to install that I got a error 1935, and of course the solution at MS site didnt do anything to help. 1935 seems like a common error too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.