windows update assistance

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Bethrezen, Aug 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bethrezen

Bethrezen Registered Member

hi all

I'm just wondering if anyone knows wtf is going down over at Microsoft coz for the last few day i haven't been able to get to the windows update sight to check for updates

i just get error 0x800a138f now i know that windows update sight has been getting hit pretty hard by the ms blaster worm but i though they had that all under control when they changed server

anyone know how to fix this coz i been getting conflicting reports I'm on win 98 se

any assistance would be appreciated

2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Have a look at this thread - might solve your problems ;).

regards.

paul

3. Bethrezen

hi all

no can do i hit windows update and get eather this

Thank you for your interest in Windows Update

Windows Update is the online extension of Windows that helps you get the most out of your computer.

The latest version of Windows Update is available on computers that are running Microsoft Windows 98, Windows 98 Second Edition, Windows Millennium Edition, Windows 2000 (except Windows 2000 Datacenter Server), Windows XP, and the Windows Server 2003 family.

or this

Windows Update Error

Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot display the requested page.

Select from any of the following pages for information about Windows Update services, or send us your feedback.

Windows Update Home Page
    About Windows Update
    Support Information

You can also get online support if you are having problems with Windows Update.

Send error number to Microsoft (0x800A138F)
    Note This sends error information but does not create a support incident; you may or may not receive a response.

help

how can i restore access o_O

4. Bethrezen

hi all

OK after talking to Paul the author of Sb i got it sussed it was spyblocker causing the problem blocking the server strange that it didn't show up on the log neway the patch didn't work coz i got limited account checked so i could use my own host file so i had to manually unblock a248.e.akamai.net which is the server windows update is now running on

nite nite

5. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Good to hear the prob is solved :)

regards.

paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.