Windows Update and error

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by per, Feb 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. per

per Registered Member

Hi
    In Oct. last year I bought a pc with xp and servicepack 2. Norton Ghost worked well on my old pc with win. 98 but not on my new. So then I bought Acronis 8.
    In Nov. I made a backup with Acronis 8 build 774.
    This, I can use to restore my pc with, and the boot-cd also is ok.
    Thereafter I could not make new images without error.
    This week I installed xp and all my programs again, and made an image which is ok.
    The day after I tryed to make a new image, but then it does not work, it is with error: E00070001 Internal error: iconsistent chunk bitmap.
    Acronis with build 791, is with same errors.
    Today I found out, that is when I have installed updates from MS it do not work well. The update I can get are: KB888113, KB890830, KB873333, KB000302, KB 890047, KB887472, KB885250, KB891781 and KB867282.
    I can install KB890830 and make backup which is ok.
    When I get KB873333, I cannot make an new Image.
    I do not know if the other "KB" makes the same error.
    So I have to use the pc without getting more updates.?
    Could it be because the pc now detect Acronis as a hacker and blocks Acronis?
    With thanks Per

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Per,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Could you please create Acronis Report before and right after you install the update which doesn't allow Acronis True Image to work properly? Please indicate which report to which case is concerned and send them both to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.