\Windows\system32\winload.exe was corrupted or missing

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by officepro, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. officepro

officepro Registered Member

Hello,
    I am new to Acronis True Image, just installed, and clone
    one disk on Vista Business, form a 120GB to a 160GB on
    my amilo laptop, after that I changed the drive, but the new
    one does not boot, I got this message:
    "\Windows\system32\winload.exe was corrupted or missing".
    Can someone help me?
    Regards
    Marco

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

If you have a Vista DVD, boot from it and do a Windows repair.

I' m curious about the history of the 120GB drive and the 160GB drive. Did you ever have any other operatins system than Vista on either drive?

If the 160 GB drive had been used previously, you might try wiping the drive with a program like Darik's Boot and Nuke which overwrites all previous boot informatin and repeating the cloning.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello officepro,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please do as jmk94903 suggests and use Vista DVD to perform a Windows repair.

If that doesn't solve the problem, please make sure you use the latest build of Acronis True Image. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media after updating.

If you have initiated the cloning operation using Acronis True Image from Windows, please try performing it using Acronis Bootable Rescue Media.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post using the source drive.

Please also create Acronis Report using the destination drive the way described below:

- Download and run Acronis Report Utility;
    - Select the "Create Bootable Floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the A: drive and proceed with creation of the bootable floppy;
    - Boot the computer from this diskette and wait for report creation process to finish;
    - Collect the report file from the floppy.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.