Windows System Reqs. 1990-2006: More For Less

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ronjor, May 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Story

2. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

Indeed, so the uninitiated take Bill's word for it and then, when they realize they don't like the way Vista runs on their machine, they run out and buy upgrade hardware or, better yet, a whole new PC !

And the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.:blink:

(Well, I guess a corollary would be that the offshore labor gets fed a little better but not enough to maintain the value of OUR labor)

3. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    I just noticed Vista will require 15Gb space and 128Mb graphic card... The heaviest first-person-shooter games today run exremely smoothly on these specifications. What are they thinking? I could play Doom 3 or Halo or CS on max resolution without a glitch and hardly run a dumb OS? 15Gb space? What for? Will it be 15 times better than XP to need 15 times more space?
    Crazy . . .
    Mrk

4. Lamehand

Lamehand Registered Member

the Netherlands,very near to the North sea
    Where are you supposed to put all those security-updates, servicepacks, wich are sure to come, and will the computer still be working like it should, or would you have to upgrade the machine again after a certain time?
    Maybe leasing external data-storage is a suggestion, my ISP offers it allready.
    I find it a bit much of a hassle for a few shiny buttons and little DRM. ;)

Lamehand

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.