windows server 2003 service pack 2

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by chrome_sturmen, Mar 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrome_sturmen

chrome_sturmen Registered Member

hey guys, i not long ago downloaded and tried to install the newly available windows server 2003 service pack 2. i cant get it to install, i always get the error "access is denied". i even tried to slipstream the service pack into my windows installation disc, and do a repair install to sneak the service pack in, but amazingly, it bluescreens.

however, when i boot into an earlier snapshot, one with just windows and basic drivers installed, the service pack installs without error, so it must be something ive done between that time that i had the basic install, and installed all my programs/tweaks etc.

anyone have an idea as to what the trouble may be, or where id start looking?

thanks

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. chrome_sturmen

chrome_sturmen Registered Member

i figured out what the problem was- it was a file called "filtnt.sys" that was causing my system to bluescreen during the repair install- filtnt.sys is an agnitum firewall file, so i uninstalled agnitum and reattempted the repair install, and that time, it worked fine.

on a not entirely dissimilar note, anyone having trouble using the windows update site? ;(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.