Windows Security Center - NOD32 format no longer supported

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Pikaroth, Nov 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Registered Member

While I did get an "answer" to the question on the ESET knowledgebase, I am a little shocked, nevertheless.

Upon booting my computer, I get the yellow warning icon in the Windows Security Center, and, as can be guessed, under the Malware protection, I get the following, "ESET NOD32 Antivirus 3.0 is on but is reporting its status to Windows Security Center in a format that is no longer supported." It goes on to state I should use the program's automatic update or contact the manufacturer.

The knowledge base advised that this may happen, and if you want it to go away, upgrade to 4.0. Okay, so question answered as to what it means, but does anyone know WHY this would happen suddenly and out of nowhere? I have not upgraded or changed anything, and it quite literally just happened right now.

Thanks for any and all input! It is appreciated.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The answer is simple - Micorsoft pushed out an update that changed the way of reporting to Windows Security Center.

3. biggerbyte

biggerbyte Registered Member

I have not had 3.0 but about a year. How come ESET is not changing 3.0 so that it works, instead of asking me to upgrade to 4.0 instead?

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The latest version 3 available on the download page supports the new format of reporting to the security center.

5. biggerbyte

biggerbyte Registered Member

Okay! Thanks so much.. I will check that out tomorrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.