windows restore fast, boot-cd very slow

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by plmsbx, May 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plmsbx

plmsbx Registered Member

Hello,

I have a dell notebook, a precision M70, with 915PM chipset, similar to the inspiron 9300 and other modern notebooks. A restore taking 5 minutes in windows takes more than one hour to restore using the boot cd. I suspect that the boot cd (linux) version is lacking proper driver support for this hardware.

During the restore the drive light is hardly on, looks like its not using DMA and using some very slow transfer mode. I'm using the latest version downloaded yesterday from the website.

Since I disable XP's system restore and used to use TI to make a quick restore if necessary, this is pretty annoying. Is it a known problem with a solution in sight? Note: under linux (2.6, haven't tried 2.4.x) itself the notebook is well supported and no slow HDD problem exists.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello plmsbx,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

The problem is likely to be in drivers for your contoller. Our Development Team is improving the device support constantly and we can expect there will be no issues in future builds. Could you please tell where the image is stored? This may be the problem as well if the storage device is supported only with low speed.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. plmsbx

plmsbx Registered Member

Hello,

I stored the image on and restored from the same internal notebook harddisk (using another partition), i.e. a normal IDE harddisk using the Intel 915PM chipset.

The wxp device manager says:
    It is an Intel 8280 1FMB Ultra ATA storage controller - 2653.
    The disk is a Toshiba MK8026GAX.
    I think this is PCI express.

Regards,

Peter

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Peter,

Your system is rather new and our Development Team is working on proper support of new devices. We expect the situation will improve in future builds.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.