Windows Reporting Eset Switched off

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by pageyboy, Dec 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pageyboy

pageyboy Registered Member

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Whenever i boot or restart my pc, when it gets to the desktop, xp reports that Eset is switched off. It then disappears after a couple of seconds. I have 3.0.684 installed. If anyone knows how to fix this then could you please let me know.

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

I had it a couple of times with 667 but not so far with 684 which I installed yesterday. But I have only the Av installed, not the suite.

3. juanitolo

juanitolo Registered Member

Same here, after starting windows XP eset is red and warns that av protection is not active.

It even warns that updating was not successful.

Is this he result of "carefully testing"?

4. pageyboy

I am getting this every time I boot or restart my pc. I had build .650 and it was doing it with this also. I thought upgrading to .684 would solve the problem but it doesn't seem to have. Oh well at least I know its not just me.

5. juanitolo

juanitolo Registered Member

What a crap! :mad: :mad: :mad:
    Now after wake up from standby xp tells me, that logonui.exe has a fault and has to be terminated.

ESET shows again that "update failed" message.

What the fxxk is wrong with this awfull wrecked english update on a german xp?

6. The Hammer

Saw it for a couple of seconds today.

7. mr_yoda

mr_yoda Registered Member

This happens to me everytimee I boot up. I thought it was Perfect Disk conflicting with Eset so I stopped Perfect Disk from running at start-up but the problem still exists. Like you I thought if I updated it to .684 it would solve the problem but unfortunately not.

The two .exe files (egui and ekrn) are both in task manager even though windows is reporting it to be turned off it is just Real-Time System Protection that is malfunctioning or disabled.

8. pageyboy

I managed to fix the problem by sheer fluke today. My subscription was up for my utility program (it fixes the registry etc) and i was testing another. When i ran the registry fix on this new program i have, it also has the option for a registry defrag. So i ran that as well. I never noticed it reporting back any problems with Eset but when i done a reboot the problem had disappeared. So i switched off and switched back on and the problem was still gone. It has been away ever since. At a shot in the dark i think it has something to do with the boot order of programs and the registry but i could be wrong.
    I do remember that just before i ran the registry fix and registry defrag options that i also used that startup manager function and switched off unnecessary startup programs as well. I hope Eset is getting this so they can release something to resolve the issue for people out there. I emailed their support the other day for something (first time in about a year) and they never bothered to get back to me.

9. The Hammer

Saw it again when I booted up, but just for a split second. As I said above I started to see it with an earlier build so it's not specific to 684.

10. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

Happens with other AV too - not just NOD. As far as i can see it's just Windows not giving enough time to NOD (or whatever AV) to get all it's processes up and running. It'll vary from PC to PC depending on what you have running in the background, how long those processes take to load and in what order.

To be honest if it goes away after a few seconds i really wouldn't worry too much....

11. mr_yoda

Mine tends to last for about 4 or 5 minutes. I'm not too concerned because i've done numerous scans (with Eset, MalwareBytes & SuperAntiSpyware) and they've all come up clean. Also I can see from my modem that their s no internet activity so i'm not too concerned.

12. mr_yoda

Has anyone managed to resolve this problem or am I best contacting Eset Customer Services?

13. Jenee

Jenee Registered Member

I believe Eset are aware of the problem and are working on it. I am sure it will be resolved in the final version.

14. mr_yoda

Thanks for the reply, it's much appreciated. :)

15. mr_yoda

I think I may have sorted it on my PC. I was going to unistall ESS and then reinstall to see if that worked. Anyway, instead of uninstalling I did a repair, the problem seems to have gone away (for the time being at least).

16. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Suddenly one of my PC's is doing this as well. sadly a repair hasn't worked for me.

Nor does it suddenly go green after waiting for a period of time.

It does allow me to click on the activate AV and spyware link and it will then go green - logging on or off doesn't effect it, only power down and reboot.

This happened after a trojan managed to slip through. It was quarantined, I'll try playing with config and see if just loading ESS by itself works, rather than have all the gunk provided by Toshiba loading.

Colin

17. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

I had to uninstall Eset - which failed the first time - then clear out registry and then re-install, Eset then behaved itself.

Colin

18. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello,

PaulB2005 is correct in post #10 above.

Thank you,
    Richard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.