windows preparing to install message appearing?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by smiler, Feb 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smiler

smiler Registered Member

Hi everytime i start up spyware blaster even the latest 3.5.1 i get a blue box appear with "windows preparing to install" message box appearing briefly,then disappearing on its own?,i also get it with registry mecahic,these are the only (2) programs that prompt this message,any ideas anyone?.
    I have WINDOWS XP SP2,done full scans with spybot,adaware se,a2,avg 7.0,ewido,nothing,i have uninstalled all programs ok and used crap cleaner too,defrag hard drive,disabled restore in case of any hidden nasties.
    Is this message coming up because of a redundant installer left behind from an uninstalled previous program?,if so how do i find out which program installer it is?.

regards

smiler

2. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hi smiler,

Do you use any kind of registry cleaner? One possibility is that if you do, then the registry cleaner is removing a valid entry that is causing this.

HTH ;) ...

3. smiler

smiler Registered Member

Hi back,thanks for the reply,i use crap cleaner sometimes if i have uninstalled/deleted anything,but i have in the past used registry mechanic some time back(without problems) and reglite but now am more careful and rarely if never now use these programs especially (reglite) as i know of the problems they can cause if not really careful!.
    As an example of this i had microsofts antispyware beta1 installed last year from the site,it was ok until i was not able to update it after being asked if i wanted to update,so i thought i'd uninstall it!,no such easy task,i could not conventionally remove it add/remove,no way,or through programs,or (D) drive program files gsas,in the end i had to use (reglite) registry cleaner to remove the program which came up as having 700 registry entries,so i made a system restore point before doing anything,checked that the 700 were related to gsas(giant antispyware or msas) and then proceded to delete all entries.
    It did remove the program but messed up my whole system in the process,i even lost all sytem restore points and all my programs were unusable,all the program icons looked like littel fruit machines?:eek: ,thank god i managed to get into safe mode and last good configuration and restore,i think since then i have had this problem of everytime i open spyware blaster and registry mechanic i get a "windows is preparing to install" message box appearing briefly then disappearing.
    Hope this help a bit,if there is an installer trying to install how come it it is only appearing with these (2) programs when i open thgem up?,i have tried uninstalling both programs but when i re-install them the "windows is preparing to install" message appears again.

dragonbreath

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.