Windows Phone- what is the user exerience?

Discussion in 'hardware' started by aigle, Dec 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I am just wondering if there are any windows phone users around? What is your experience as compared to iphone and Androids? Are they comparable?
    No one seem talking about windows phone. Every one is running after iPhone and Androids.

Also I am esp. interested regarding the data( docs, videos, images etc) compatibility with windows PC.

Thanks

2. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I am curious about this as well. My Android phone has been ok but I am wondering how the Windows phone compares. Android does not seem as intuitive as it could be.

3. Martijn2

Martijn2 Registered Member

Sorry guys, I have a Windows Phone, but have no experience with a android or iPhone.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
  4. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Very close friend of mine got the iPhone 4S and I got the Nokia Lumia 800 for our Christmas "treat ourselves". We both love them and have traded/tried each others. At the end of the day the OS is pretty equal feature wise (not app wise yet) but making a choice between them would come down to which UI you prefer, and which hardware you prefer. IMO they are both awesome phones and amazing pieces of technology. I've only just started to "explore apps" and beginning to see how awesome some are. I would have got the iPhone if it wasn't for Nokia bringing out the Lumia personally, I used to be a huge Nokia fanboy back during the 3310/30 days. :D It's good to see them trying to get back in the game.

From my short experience browsing Android phones in stores I didn't like them whatsoever. It reminds me way too much of using a desktop OS and I just want something straight to the point when using a phone. But of course, that's just me.

I don't think anyone's opinion is really going to help you much in this case. ^^

5. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

I used a samsung focus for a few months last year and i was quite impressed by windows phone 7, with the latest mango update it brought the OS nearly up to speed with android and iOS. The thing i noticed at first is how silky smooth the UI is compared with the lag you get on a lot of android handsets. Microsoft has a done a great job enforcing certain criteria to make sure the windows phone experience is the same on every handset unlike android where the experience can vary a lot between manufacturers and models. I also didnt get the constant app crashing and force closing that i got with android. The tiled display they use keeps things simple and makes the phone easy to navigate and use. I also liked how it integrated with all my accounts and centralized everything so communication was quick and efficient. Overall i just found it a much more pleasurable experience than android, the way they designed and layed it all out just seemed to make a lot of sense to me.
    The number of apps available to windows phone is far less than android or iOS but i didnt find anything that i needed missing.

Probably the only thing i really hated (and what i also hate about iOS) is that you have to use their proprietary software to transfer files. I dont think windows phone supports many media formats either, most of the time when i transferred movies on the zune software would convert it before copying it which was a bit annoying. Luckily Zune is not as strict as itunes when it comes to transfering media and stuff. However the zune software does do a great job for syncing data between phone and pc so its not too bad overall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.