Windows Partition Management Programs

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by TheKid7, Oct 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

From user experience, which of the well known Freeware Partition Management Programs do not cause issues when you resize (shrink) the System Partition in Windows XP, VISTA, 7?

Examples:

EASEUS Partition Master
    Paragon Partition Manager Express
    GParted
    Parted Logic
    Cute Partition Manager
    Ranish Partition Manager

Thanks in Advance.

2. Shankle

Shankle Registered Member

3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

why not use the execellent opensource program Gparted?

4. Greg S

Greg S Registered Member

Since I began using XP, I've never tinkered with drive/partition etc. I got Win 7 the other night and really wanted to try it out without losing my XP setup and with hopes of dual booting. I have quite a few image backups of XP and at first thought about just installing Win 7 by itself for testing but at the last minute I decided to use Gparted although I was doubtful that it would work for me, just been unlucky that way in the past. Anywho, it worked perfectly.

5. JohnnyDollar

JohnnyDollar Guest

I really like Gparted. If you have to do partitioning outside of windows in the recovery environment, then Gparted is a good one to use. It has all the necessary drivers on the boot disk for your hardware and a clean GUI with good flexibility.

6. dcrowe0050

dcrowe0050 Registered Member

I used to be a Gparted fan but now then I found out about Partition Wizard and it has caused no problems at all on my Vista laptop

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.