Windows OneCare Tuneup destorys Acronis Boot Sector

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by NewScience, Apr 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewScience

NewScience Registered Member

Have seen a problem whereby Windows Live OneCare auto Tuneup (you can't turn it off), seems to destory the Acroniss OS Selector boot sector. Each time it is run, the next time you reboot, Acronis cannot find the boot sector to boot from.

You have to re-install the OS Selector and then everything is fine. The last time Tuneup was run (March 1) everything was fine. Since April 2, this is not the case.

Is there anyway to protect the boot sector for Acronis so that WLOC (Windows Live One Care) does to destroy it?

Does this only occur when you cancel the Tuneup in progress?

2. NewScience

NewScience Registered Member

Well I have had 76 views and no takers.

Has anyone from Acronis SUpport looked at this and any reply? I have confirmed that Windows Live OneCare is the culprtit and seems to fail on the Vurus Scan. I have excluded all the BootWiz folders, but the Acronis OS Selector is deactivated.

I have to re-activate it for it to work, which is difficult since most of the Disk Directory Suite options on the bootable media I created thru Acronis DIsk Director doesn't work. When is that part of the Creating Bootable Media going to be fixed.. That hasn't worked totally since I purchased it.

And someone please get Wilders Security Forum to turn-off that animated Wrap [Move] tags ... button. I causes major delays in typing messages in this text box everytime it animates.

3. cortez

cortez Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.