Windows One Care Live Firewall

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Creekside Rogue, Mar 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Creekside Rogue

Creekside Rogue Registered Member

I just wanted to let everyone know who might be interested, that I ran the whole slew of leaktests at the One Care Live Firewall. The results I achieved on these tests were a mixed bag. Unlike the XP SP2 Firewall, there is definitely some outbound protection with this firewall in its' default configuration.

Tests Passed:
    copycat
    tooleaky
    firehole
    yalta
    outbound
    jumper
    mb test
    dns tester
    awft (all tests passed)

Tests Failed:
    leaktest 1.2
    pc audit
    thermite
    breakout
    surfer
    ghost
    pc audit 2
    wallbreaker

I was also running Spysweeper and Ewido at the same time. Prevx 1 was disabled during these tests because it will block everything but firehole. Any thoughts or opinions regarding this MS beta product are welcome. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised at the number of tests this firewall passed. However, it doesn't come close to matching the top of the line firewalls just recently tested.

Creekside Rogue

2. Alphalutra1

Alphalutra1 Registered Member

Are you sure you did it right? Leaktest 1.2 is blocked by pratically every current firewall I know that has some form of app control. Thanks for the info.

Alphalutra1

3. Creekside Rogue

Yeah, I know what you're thinking. I tried it three times. I downloaded the leaktest, initiated it like your supposed to, and it went through. Bizarre, since some other more advanced leaktests were detected.

4. Creekside Rogue

Just to clarify everyone. This was done with the firewall on "Normal" setting. When the firewall is set on "High", Leaktest 1.2 is also challenged with an option to allow or block.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.