Windows media player

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by mazzii, Oct 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mazzii

mazzii Registered Member

I am using windows media player series 10 right now, and frequently when i open a video file, after it gets played for a few minutes, then my whole computer just freeze up. I mean like no sound no reaction no nothing.

i was using wmp series 9 but also have the problem, then i updated to 10 still the problem appears. I tried to use different players eg. real player... but the freezing problem still shows up quite often...

and as you know uninstallin wmp 9 is like impossible without a system rollback, but i dunt want to do that... is there a solution to this?

thanks

2. T772

T772 Guest

Why does the Player keep crashing? Windows Media Player interacts with many system components, including drivers, codecs, and DirectShow® filters. It is possible that the Player is not responding because of a faulty or incompatible component from another provider, such as a codec pack. (Examples include the DivXNetworks Nimo, Tsunami, and K-Lite codec packs, and the SoftRom.Net ACE Mega, and All in 1 codec packs.) Incompatibilities are known to exist with some of the components in the codec packs. The incompatibilities can cause serious playback issues in Windows Media Player and other players, can lead to system corruption, and can make it difficult for Microsoft Product Support Services to diagnose and troubleshoot playback issues.

Found the above, also there may be some useful info @ this link-->

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/faq.aspx

Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.