Windows Me boot Disk

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by wasabi, Jan 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wasabi

wasabi Guest

Hey,

I need a Windows Me boot Disk, because i dled one but it didn't go to the start menu... instead when straight to the command prompt. I need to be able to go to the start menu so i can run a minimum bootup. btw what is a minimum bootup, i mean how is it different?

Wasabi

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Wasabi,

You can find all kinds of bootdisks here: http://www.bootdisk.com/original.htm
    I´m quite in the dark about what you want to do with it though. Could you give us some more info?

Regards,

Pieter

3. wasabi

wasabi Guest

I need to do a system restore.... in order to get to the restore tool I need to do a minimum boot up ..... Pieter are you sure that place will have a startup menu selection in the boot disk? Becuase i've dl from a site that had a boot disk that went straight to the command prompt.

Wasabi

4. wasabi

wasabi Guest

Thanx for the quick response Pieter :)

5. wasabi

wasabi Guest

What is the difference between the custom and the OEM disk from the site you recommended?

Wasabi

6. Pieter_Arntz

That´s actually why I asked wasabi.
    The recovery you want to do, is that the one provided by Windows Me or a total recovery as some computer manufacturers provide (e.g. IBM, HP) ?

Regards,

Pieter

7. wasabi

wasabi Guest

I'm trying to do the Win Me recovery.

8. Pieter_Arntz

If you can still boot normally, there´s no need for the boot-disks.

(1) Click Start
    (2) Click Programs
    (3) Accessories
    (4) System Tools
    (5) Click on System Restore

You get a screen with the choice to make a new restore point or go back to a previous date. Choose the latter and pick the date you want to go back to. Click Next and let Windows do the work for you.

Regards,

Pieter

9. snowy

snowy Guest

WinME

To have Restore load at state up...in SAFE MODE

While booting computer hold down

Ctrl + Alt + F5

computer will boot direct to Safe Mode and System Restore will show.........

10. wasabi

wasabi Guest

Hey pieter and snowy,

The computer stalls at the splash screen and goes no further. If i got into normal or safe mode it stall at the splash screen. I'm trying to do a restore from command prompt. Could it be a virus? I will try running f-prot for dos, and see what will happen.

Wasabi

11. Pieter_Arntz

Hi Wasabi,

I´m sorry it took me a while to figure out what you are trying to accomplish. I think you are trying to follow this: http://www.winbookcorp.com/_technote/WBTA10160108.htm
    Unfortunately the startup disk they are referring to is something different from a normal boot-disk, since it is created from a working Windows Me environment as described here: http://www.duxcw.com/digest/Howto/software/windows/winme/startup/page2.html
    If you did not make such a disk, you´re best shot at getting your system back to a working state would be this way:
    http://www.perfectdrivers.com/howto/scanreg.html
    This can be achieved from the boot-disk you already have.

Good luck and keep us posted,

Pieter

12. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

and this is why blaze got go back cause system restore cant handle the big mistakes i make lol

id invest in a program call goback

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.